Παρασκευή 5 Φεβρουαρίου 2010

VARONOS ANTONY IN AM







The reason for the following was photo sent to me by my friend Dimitri K.

It all began in 1978 when together with my cousin Theodore K. bought a radio transmitter (in AM band) with drive el-34 (
Oscillation?) and 2Χ817 to 1100 volt DC(max power100w) .
Of course we found that to work the radio we needed an amplifier audio which is worth a lot of money that we did not have.
So putting a wire as an antenna we only managed to insert the remaining radio stations playing songs.
Of course the biggest problem was the studio that has not found the specific time for this and this first contact with ham events ended ingloriously.

Later in 1979 after having managed to make a <>> (what you see in the picture), I began constructing the first transmitter which had to drive an EL34 and an exit PL519.
Material supplied by the shop of Costas Themistocleous in Thessaloniki under the institute Democritus.
I remember I did a long time to construct because they did not use a plan I copied from another similar machine.
The biggest problem was the coupling capacitor in which I did not know how many Pf should be and no one told me (since I feared the construction masterfull).
Later (2-3 months) I discovered that there are plans led to the discovery that the coupling capacitor should be 1000-2000 Pf/3000Kv.
When I finished building transmitter (meanwhile) ,I bought a DUMPLEX 35watt
audio transmitter and began radio broadcasts.
For music i used a pick-up BSR.
The first records were of my cousin Antoni M..
Because the disks were expensive, I was buying sporadically, when I had money left and always with great economy, with the final result being 700 of 33 rpm discs (there now) and 1000 about 45 turns which do not exist due to theft.

In 1982 I changed the amplifier configuration with a DUMPLEX 100 watt audio transmitter and refined their sound so it could I could be heard in the Greek mainland and abroad.
Certainly the near-perfect show is famous in the delta of Axios, which is a famous place for emissions to all Hf.
The station played for 24 basis with a large audience.
A lot of friends came by the studio and played songs and spent memorable hours unpaid basis, offering musical entertainment for all listeners.

The radio broadcasts from the studio ended ingloriously illustrated in 1985 while I was student I reurned from Larissa and noticed that someone stole most of the radio (transmitter-amplifier-drives etc).
Fortunately enough material left to go on later to another studio.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: